The Environment / Beautification Committee strives to improve Elmwood and make it the best neighborhood it can be by concentrating on two primary areas: environment and beautification. Important activities include two creek clean-ups each year, planting trees in the parks and other landscaping projects in the neighborhood. All neighborhood residents are invited to participate with the committee to keep our park and creek beautiful.
- Winter – Tree plantings throughout the neighborhood including Elmwood Park, medians and triangles.
- Spring – Elmwood Park creek clean-up & plant spring blooms.
- Summer – Maintenance of mass tree plantings: watering, mulching, removing weeds.
- Autumn – Tree pruning throughout neighborhood. Blooms: plant daisies and/or mums for fall.
- Mural creation in neglected areas.
- Work with the Dallas Parks & Recreation Department to improve Elmwood Park: meandering walkway throughout park, improve playground area at Mountain Lake and resurface basketball courts.
- Work with business district merchants to assist in landscaping and painting of their storefronts.